Scripture Reading: Galatians 5:1-26
1. Liberty is produced by the Holy Spirit! Verses 1-14
b. Forfeited to legalism! Circumcision, outward religious rule keeping.
b. Serve one another in humility
c. Love fulfills the law! Affirmed by both Jesus and Paul!
b. Alienates from Christ and pulls away from grace! Verse 4
c. Of no value to the saved! Verse 6
d. Removes the offense of the cross! Verse 11
b. The Flesh and the Spirit are in conflict!
2. Leadership is provided by the Holy Spirit! Verses 16, 18, Romans 8:14
3. Life in the Spirit is the power for victory!
Scripture Reading: Matt. 5:5-12
The Kingdom of God is inhabited by blessed citizens!
1. The merciful are blessed: verse 7
Scripture Reading: Matthew 5:1-12
1. Ruled by the Blessed One! Jesus is the blessing!
a. Jesus and not Moses:
a. Kingdom Citizens are all blessed!!!
Isa 55:1 NIV - “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost."
Repent and follow Jesus!!!!
Scripture Reading: Luke 14
1. Help the hurting with love and compassion: Luke 14:1-6
b. Bought five yoke of oxen and haven’t plowed them
c. Just Married, enough said
Scripture Reading: Matthew 16:13-28
1. Decision: verses 13-28
b. Identity of disciple
c. Deny self
d. Take up cross
e. Follow Jesus
b. Jesus is coming in glory
c. He will reward His followers
Josh Pilgrim, Pastor