Scripture Reading: Hebrews 1:4-14
So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs. Heb. 1:4
2. His nature is Superior to their nature! Verses 5, 10-12
A. Jesus is Creator!
B. Jesus is Eternal!
C. Jesus is Sovereign!
D. Jesus is Immutable!
3. His Honor is Superior to their honor! Verse 6
4. His Kingship is Superior to their service! Verses 7-9, 13
A. Reigns eternally: Verses 7-8
B. Rules with justice: Power accompanies the dispensation if righteousness (symbolized by the scepter)
C. Rejoices over his companions: due to the anointing associated with loving righteousness and hating wickedness
So what about angels?
- Angels do not have the place/names of honor!Verse 4
- Angels are not God’s sons or daughters! Verse 5
- Angels worship Jesus, not to be worshiped! Verse 6
- Angels are God’s spiritual, obedient servants! Verse 7, 14
- Angels are created and sent to serve the saved! Verse 14
- Angels are not what human beings become in heaven!
- Angels are not the focus of our devotion or attention!
- Rather they are a real means of God’s help in our life!
- Jesus must always be the focus of our worship for He is our only way of success!
- Worship Jesus above everything!
- Accept His help however it is sent!