Sermon Scripture: James 1:12-18
1. God is good during your trials. verse 12
b) The crown of life
2. God is not tempting you to sin. verse 13
3. Do not be led astray! Verses 14-16
b) Sin conceives and gives birth to death
4. Develop the gift of living for God! Verses 17-18
Sermon Scripture: Psalm 1
Sermon Scripture: James 1: 9:12
1. Your Spiritual Condition/Soil & Stress of Life: Psalm 103:8-20
b) Having Stood the Test: shown themselves acceptable/good
c) There is immediate gratification and strength that comes from humble faith in difficult circumstances.
d) There is a cumulative strength that grows and expresses itself through suffering.
e) This is expressed in HOPE!
b) A reward for the believer from God that is handed out after death and resurrection. One of many, possibly five crowns discussed in the Bible.
c) Promised by the Lord to those who love him!
3. Your Hope is in Christ!!!! Strength of Life: Romans 5:1-5
Scripture Reading: "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings. Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do." James 1:1-8
1. Take command of your emotions! Verse 2
b) Trials from Satan
c) Trials from Self
2. Take comfort in your knowledge of what God is doing! Verses 3-4
b) Ask without wavering: Arguing with your self that it will happen.
Josh Pilgrim, Pastor