Scripture Reading: "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings. Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do." James 1:1-8
- Choose joy! To say I can’t is in reality saying, “I won’t!”
- At all times!
- In the various types of trials!
b) Trials from Satan
c) Trials from Self
2. Take comfort in your knowledge of what God is doing! Verses 3-4
- Trials are the proving grounds of faith.
- Faith which is proven produces perseverance.
- Perseverance over time produces purposeful completeness.
- Do you lack wisdom?
- Crave it before God! Beg for it!
b) Ask without wavering: Arguing with your self that it will happen.
- God gives liberally with singleness of mind!
- God does not despise you for asking!
- The double-minded person will not be wise: Divided in interests.
- Take Command of your Joy in trials!
- Let Perseverance in the faith bring you to purposeful completion!
- Seek wisdom from the Source!