Sermon Scripture: Joshua 24:22-28
1. Illustrations of biblical Memorials!
3. Intentional remembrance of what God did “Long Ago”. verse 2
b. God is holy, jealous.
c. You are in rebellion and sin.
5. Introspective reflection and accountability to one another in light of our past commitments!
Sermon Scripture: Colossians 3:12-15 (NIV)
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Sermon Scripture: “Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:14-15
1. Desire God's will
Sermon Scripture: Galatians 6:1-10
1. Don’t be Lazy: verses 1-5
A. Restore the wayward: verse1
1) Rely on the Holy Spirit: Gal 5:25 NIV - Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
2) Remain Gentle
3) Remember your own frailty and sin
B. Bear the burdens of life: verses 2-5
1) Carry the burdens of another: their heaviness, weight
a). Law of Christ:
i. Royal Law, love you neighbor as yourself in James 2:8, Leviticus 18:19, Matt 19:19, 22:39, Galatians 5:14.
ii. Law that gives freedom James 2:12
iii. Romans 13:7-8 Let no Debt remain except the continuing debt to love one another.
iv. Romans 13:10 Love is the fulfillment of the law.
b. Someone may need to help you carry yours someday.
2) Carry your own burden: portion, not omni-competent
a. Test your own actions
i. Be who you are before God. Rom 12:3
ii. Luke 18:11
b. Do your work! 2 Timothy 4:5
3) Share with your teacher in all good things!!!!!
2. Don’t be deceived! Verses 7-8
A. You can’t sneer at God and go unnoticed!
B. God’s Irrefutable Law of the Harvest!
C. Sow to the flesh you will reap from the flesh: Galatians 5:17-21
D. Sow in the Spirit you will reap the fruit of the Spirit: Galatians 5:22-23
E. This is not about eternal security but about sanctification, earthly and eternal reward!
3. Don’t Quit! Verses 9-10, Charles Stanley
A. You reap what you sow: Sow good/valuable seed!
B. You reap more than you sow: Sow much seed!
C. You reap later than you sow: Start sowing again now and sow continually!
D. Your reward is the harvest!
Sermon Scripture: James 5:13-20
A. Experiences are opportunities to begin your daily worship: verses 13-16a
Josh Pilgrim, Pastor