Scripture Reading: Matthew 21:1-14
God owns everything and I am His steward. My financial priorities should flow from the desires of my Master!
1. Donkeys, coats, cheers, trees, and crowds, ALL belong to Jesus! 21:1-22
2) The one who repented and obeyed!
2) Those who will give to the owner what belongs to him at harvest!
Memory Verse: But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
Scripture: Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy,and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven,where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21
God uses money as a means of revealing the true priorities of our hearts!
1. Substitute for the things we value! Matthew 13:44,
2. Shows out Transformation! Luke19:8
3. Signifies our Service and our Master: Matthew 6:24-25
4. Smart (Spiritually Intelligent) Builder: 1 Corinthians 3:10
5 Functions: Were happening in the beginning, its not a new thing, only named and organized in a different way.
Purpose Statement: Why?
So we begin with evangelism and how it is described in our purpose statement.
Next we see discipleship and how it relates through the purpose statement
Our tendency is to drift away from Christ’s commands not to them. So what are we going to do about it?
Josh Pilgrim, Pastor