Scripture Reading: Matthew 21:1-14
Memory Verse: "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you
will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24
God owns everything and I am His steward. My financial priorities should flow from the desires of my Master!
1. Donkeys, coats, cheers, trees, and crowds, ALL belong to Jesus! 21:1-22
- He describes it! V. 2
- He deserves it! V. 3
- He uses it!
- He needs it? V. 3
- He declares it! V. 12-13
- He defends it! V. 16
- He dramatizes it! V. 19-20
- He defines it! V. 21-22
- Jesus is challenged over it!
- Jesus challenges back!
- The issue of authority is settled in the heart of the hearer!
- The sincerity and power of Jesus’ works, settles the issue of the source of His authority in our lives. If we trust his heart for us, then we can follow his commands.
- Two sons: 21:28-32
2) The one who repented and obeyed!
- One Vineyard: 21:33-46
2) Those who will give to the owner what belongs to him at harvest!
- Donkeys, coats, cheers, trees, and crowds, ALL belong to Jesus! 21:1-22
- By What Authority and who gave you this authority? 21:23-27
- Two parables about authority!
- Who is the object of my affection?
- Who is in control of my decisions, who is my authority?
- How am I honoring God with my life?
- What fruit am I giving to him in obedience to Jesus