Scripture Reading: Hebrews 11:23-29
23 By faith Moses’ parents hid him for three months after he was born, because they saw he was no ordinary child, and they were not afraid of the king’s edict."
24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. 25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ" as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. 27 By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible. 28 By faith he kept the Passover and the application of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel.
29 By faith the people passed through the Red Sea as on dry land; but when the Egyptians tried to do so, they were drowned.
1. Defend the defenseless! verse 23
A. Acknowledge the sanctity of human life
B. Every life is an extraordinary life in the hands of Jesus!
2. Deny the civil authority! verse 23
- If government demands that you sin against God directly, you must choose to obey God over man.
3. Declare your Identify as a part of the people of God! Verse 24
A. Own your faith!
B. Own your people by standing with them!
- Numbers 11:28 “Joshua son of Nun, who had been Moses’ aide since youth, spoke up and said, “Moses, my lord, stop them!”
4. Desire fellowship with God and his people over the pleasures of sin! Verse 25
A. Reject the identity of evil!
- 2 Timothy 2:22 “Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”
5. Develop the discerning eye of Christ: verse 26-27, 1 Corinthians 2:15-16
A. Disdains Egyptian Treasure: Hebrews 5:14
B. Drawn toward the promised reward
C. Dominion of the unseen King not the visible one: Ephesians 6:12, 2 Kings 6:17
6. Delivered by the blood and through the water: verses 28-29
A. Blood of Christ
B. Baptism of the Holy Spirit