Scripture Reading: Hebrews 11:1-6
“Faith is the first and greatest requirement for living as a Christian!”
1. Faith is the key to victorious and mature Christians living! Hebrews 10:32-39
A. Persevere in the will of God
B. Remain Confident in the reward of God
C. Resist shrinking back into destruction under the judgment of God
D. Faith is the KEY: 10:38-39
2. What is “Faith”? Hebrews 1:1
A. Foundation for our Hope: Hebrews 6:17-20, 1 Corinthians 3:10-12
B. Vision of our Future: Legal proof, evidence of an accomplished things, deed, or event.
3. What does “faith” do?
A. Knows God! Hebrews 11:3-6
B. Pleases God! Hebrews 11:2, 6
C. Gives for access to God’s gracious gift, eternal life! Hebrews 11:4-5
1) Makes us righteous before God!
2) Provides meaning in this life!
3) Grants eternal life with God!
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 8-10; Luke 24:1-8
“Jesus accomplished everything necessary for you to be cleansed from your sins by shedding His blood on the cross and rising from the grave!”
1. The cross is the complete payment for your sins!
2. The cross was necessary!
3. The cross is a redemption price/ransom payment that sets us free from bondage to sin! Hebrews 9:12, 15
4. The cross mediates a new covenant! Hebrews 9:14-15
6. Remember! The Cross Paid for Sins, The Resurrection proves the payment!
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 8-10
1. Creates access to the spiritual place of worship: John 4:23-24
A. In Heaven: 8:1; 9:24
B. True Sanctuary: 8:2; Set up by the Lord, not mere humans
C. Better Priestly Ministry! 8:4, 6
D. Better Sacrifice! 10:19-20
2. Changes our lives to make us spiritual people of worship: 8:10-12; 10:15-18
A. Problem with the Old Covenant was with the people who could not keep it! 8:8
B. Law written on their hearts and minds
C. Know the Lord
D. Sins forgiven and forgotten
3. Challenges us to persevere in spiritual worship: 10:21-25
A. Draw near to God: 10:21-25
B. Deliberate sins of the saved bring judgments: 10:28-31
C. Deny the temptation to ruin your confidence: 10:32-39
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 6:4-20
1. Conviction based on salvation: Heb. 6:9, 4-6
A. Salvation produces fruit in the lives of believers:
B. Confident in the work of Jesus begun at salvation: Philippians 1:6
C. Careful to avoid the bottomless pit of reprobation: Romans 1:24, 26, 28
2. Choice based in reproduction: Heb. 6:7-9
A. Two types of Land; Blessed Land and Cursed Land!
B. Productivity is the sign of blessing!
C. Receptivity is the key to productivity!
3. Blessed Land contrasted with the Cursed Land Heb. 6:10-15
A. Illustrated in Abraham
B. God doesn’t forget your faithful service to His people
C. Persistent service produces vibrant harvest of hope
D. No laziness: Faith and patience inherit the promise
E. After Waiting, the blessing comes!
4. Clarity based on your secure position in God sovereign plan! verses Heb. 6:16-20
A. God promised and God cannot lie!
B. Your hope is in Jesus and is secure where Jesus is securely present!
C. Your hope is firm and secure!!!!
Josh Pilgrim, Pastor