Scripture Reading: Hebrews 8-10; Luke 24:1-8
Memory Verse: “How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!” Hebrews 9:14, NIV
1. The cross is the complete payment for your sins!
- Together the truth is confirmed and is unmistakable.
- John 19:30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
2. The cross was necessary!
- Law, blood must be shed to pay for sins: Hebrews 9:22
- Jesus’ Divine Purpose: Luke 24:7; Hebrews 10:7, 9
- The making of a covenant/will! Hebrews 9:16-17
3. The cross is a redemption price/ransom payment that sets us free from bondage to sin! Hebrews 9:12, 15
- God will remember our sins no more! Hebrews 10:17
4. The cross mediates a new covenant! Hebrews 9:14-15
- Gives mankind access to the eternal inheritance promised by God
- Gives mankind a clean conscience in which we can serve God the living God
- Acts 3:19 "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,"
6. Remember! The Cross Paid for Sins, The Resurrection proves the payment!
- Christ is Victor!
- You serve a risen savior!
- Celebrate Jesus’ life!