Scripture Reading: Galatians 5:1-26
1. Liberty is produced by the Holy Spirit! Verses 1-14
b. Forfeited to legalism! Circumcision, outward religious rule keeping.
b. Serve one another in humility
c. Love fulfills the law! Affirmed by both Jesus and Paul!
b. Alienates from Christ and pulls away from grace! Verse 4
c. Of no value to the saved! Verse 6
d. Removes the offense of the cross! Verse 11
b. The Flesh and the Spirit are in conflict!
2. Leadership is provided by the Holy Spirit! Verses 16, 18, Romans 8:14
3. Life in the Spirit is the power for victory!
Scripture Reading: John 10:1-18
1. The Good Shepherd has legitimate authority to lead the sheep! Verse 1
Scripture Reading: Mark 1:35-38
Scripture Reading: Mark 1:10-14
1. Decision & Declaration
2) God is supremely powerful in the test! He is on your side!
3) Spiritual testing is primarily about your identity and responsibility as a son or daughter of God! (Priorities, Power, Privilege)
4) Trials and testing are never over. They return at the right time!
5) Scripture is your ally! Jesus quoted Deuteronomy 8:3, 6:13, 6:16
6) Discernment is critical as the devil quotes Scripture as well! Psalm 91:11-12. Proper application of the Bible is the issue!
7) Victorious disciples approach life and ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit!
Scripture Reading: John 17:14-18
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35
A disciple follows Jesus in ways that cause him to love others who follow Jesus!
1. Love other disciples! John 13:34-35
2. Lift with other disciples!
b. Openly, in public! John 18:20
c. Corporately, in groups! Mark 10:1
d. Specifically, in small groups! Mark 3:9
e. Beneficially: Acts 20:20
b. Accurate! Acts 18:25
c. Cause of Joy! 3 John 1:4
d. Put on a new way of living! Ephesians 4:20-24
4. Be Last among other disciples! Mark 10:31-45
Scripture Reading: Mark 1:14-34
1. Urgent! Now is the time for God to rule your life!
2. Dependent! You live under the rule of the Kingdom of God through Jesus Christ!
2) Turn away from the current path of life! Turn to Jesus!
2) Jesus is the way!
3. Devotion! You demonstrate your belief by actually following Jesus! Verses 18, 20
4. Service! You must recognize the authority of the Master or you will fail!
5. Community! You are not alone. Jesus keeps calling others to follow Him! 2:2, 4, 13-15
Josh Pilgrim, Pastor