Sermon Scripture: Galatians 6:1-10
1. Don’t be Lazy: verses 1-5
A. Restore the wayward: verse1
1) Rely on the Holy Spirit: Gal 5:25 NIV - Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
2) Remain Gentle
3) Remember your own frailty and sin
B. Bear the burdens of life: verses 2-5
1) Carry the burdens of another: their heaviness, weight
a). Law of Christ:
i. Royal Law, love you neighbor as yourself in James 2:8, Leviticus 18:19, Matt 19:19, 22:39, Galatians 5:14.
ii. Law that gives freedom James 2:12
iii. Romans 13:7-8 Let no Debt remain except the continuing debt to love one another.
iv. Romans 13:10 Love is the fulfillment of the law.
b. Someone may need to help you carry yours someday.
2) Carry your own burden: portion, not omni-competent
a. Test your own actions
i. Be who you are before God. Rom 12:3
ii. Luke 18:11
b. Do your work! 2 Timothy 4:5
3) Share with your teacher in all good things!!!!!
2. Don’t be deceived! Verses 7-8
A. You can’t sneer at God and go unnoticed!
B. God’s Irrefutable Law of the Harvest!
C. Sow to the flesh you will reap from the flesh: Galatians 5:17-21
D. Sow in the Spirit you will reap the fruit of the Spirit: Galatians 5:22-23
E. This is not about eternal security but about sanctification, earthly and eternal reward!
3. Don’t Quit! Verses 9-10, Charles Stanley
A. You reap what you sow: Sow good/valuable seed!
B. You reap more than you sow: Sow much seed!
C. You reap later than you sow: Start sowing again now and sow continually!
D. Your reward is the harvest!
Josh Pilgrim, Pastor
141 Liberty Road | PO Box 2327 | Calhoun, Georgia 30703-2327 | (706) 624-1811 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Content copyright 2013. Riverview Baptist Church Calhoun, GA. All rights reserved.