Sermon Scripture: James 1:12-18
- God rewards those who are approved through testing!
- Endurance during trials is God’s process of revealing our love for Him and His love for us!
- Two-fold Rewards of God:
b) The crown of life
2. God is not tempting you to sin. verse 13
- God is not to blame for your temptations to sin!
- Evil is not from God: We should not blame it on God!
- God is not tempted to do evil.
- God does not tempt any man to do evil.
3. Do not be led astray! Verses 14-16
- Universally true of all people: No one is off the hook for their sin.
- Temptation is derived from your own desires and cravings:
- Your desires and cravings lure you like a hunter using a baited trap!
- Your desires and cravings seduce you into sin: crafty, beguiling, cunning!
- Sin GROWS and MULTIPLIES:
b) Sin conceives and gives birth to death
4. Develop the gift of living for God! Verses 17-18
- All good things come from God! All things that come from God are good!
- God never changes!
- God desired to make you His!
- God birthed us through the Word of Truth!
- God made us consecrated and superior in excellence through our birth in Jesus!
- Seek the approval of God through the test!
- Accept the blame!
- Address the real source of your temptations to sin!
- Acknowledge the goodness of God with everyone you know!