A. Matthew 2:1
1. God incarnate
2. Some wise men noticed his presence
i. Proverbs 2:6 - For the Lord grants WISDOM! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
B. Matthew 2:2
1. They saw the star rising and knew that Jesus was born KING!
2. They came prepared to worship
C. Matthew 3:3-8
1. The presence of God calls for a response: something that is done as a reaction to something else.
i. King Herod , disturbed
ii. And all of Jerusalem
D. Matthew 2:9
1. God guided them by a star!
i. They saw the star in verse 2 and went to Jerusalem for human advise, to no avail
ii. They once again sought God and He led them by the star.
E. Matthew 2:10
1. When they arrived under the star they were filled with joy
i. Matthew 2:11 - On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and
worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
Josh Pilgrim, Pastor
141 Liberty Road | PO Box 2327 | Calhoun, Georgia 30703-2327 | (706) 624-1811 | email@example.com
Content copyright 2013. Riverview Baptist Church Calhoun, GA. All rights reserved.