Scripture Reading: Matthew 16:13-28
Memory Verse: "Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." Matthew 16:24
- Personal Profession: Who is Jesus to you? Verse 15
- Objective Truth: Profession is grounded in reality! Verse 16
- Heavenly Revelation: verse 17
- Earthly Privilege: The church is founded upon this faith! Verse 18
- Divine promise: Nothing can overcome God’s work in the church! Verse 18
- Spiritual Responsibility: verse 19
- Suffering Savior: Requires a revolution of understanding, verse 21
- Self-Concern is Satan’s tool: If it prevents self sacrifice, verses 22-23
- Sanctifying Journey of time:
b. Identity of disciple
c. Deny self
d. Take up cross
e. Follow Jesus
- Faith not intuition!
b. Jesus is coming in glory
c. He will reward His followers
- Who is Jesus to you?
- Are you living in the blessing of your identity as a disciple?
- Do you deny yourself to follow him?