Scripture Reading: Luke 14
Memory Verse: "For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you."
- Real life needs
- Hypothetical situations
- The cost is real to them because the relationship is near to them! They will pay it!!!
- It offends Jesus when religious people place such an emphasis of being religiously honored that they try to move to the head of the line to do so.
- Honor seekers beware, do not take the seat of honor, or you may be humiliated
- Humble yourself and allow God to Honor you: “For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."
- Honor those who cannot honor you in return!
- You have a resurrection reward!
- Religious sentimentalism is not sufficient motivation for the Kingdom life.
- Banquet celebration is prepared and ready!
- Excuses: The all alike began to make excuses!
b. Bought five yoke of oxen and haven’t plowed them
c. Just Married, enough said
- Invitation is revoked for some and extended to some new guests
- Those who receive an invitation and respond are the only ones who can enjoy fellowship with the Host!
- What’s keeping you
- Family bonds!
- Failure to finish your work!
- Fully examined life!