Sermon Scripture: Mark 8:27-9:1
- Who do people say Jesus is?
b) Political Revolutionary
c) Religious fanatic
d) Moral Example
- Who is Jesus to you?
b) Son of the living God: Matthew 16:16
c) Blessed!!! Revealed by God not by man. Matthew 16:17
d) Rebuked: Do not tell!
2. Clarification: Jesus is the Son of Man and must suffer man things; verses 31-33
- Son of Man: Daniel teaches he will rule in justice and judge with righteousness
- Must Suffer many things
- Be Rejected
- Be killed and in three days rise again
- Peter rebukes Jesus: He lost the mind of the Father and takes on the mind of Satan
- If anyone: Open invitation to the crowd to become his followers
- Come after me: Following Jesus is the first requirement of being a follower of Jesus
- Identify with Jesus and His words
b) The moment of truth is near. Vindication or Embarrassment
- Have you confessed to God and men that you believe Jesus is the anointed Son of God?
- Have you clarified in your mind that Jesus is a suffering savior for your sins?
- Are you living a faithful life with Jesus by publicly following him and loving his word?