Sermon Scripture: Philippians 1:12-21
1. Unchain the gospel by responding to Persecution with Perseverance! Verse 12-14
- Experiences of hardship can advance the gospel but not necessarily your plan. Verse 12
- The lost can become convinced because of your perseverance in persecution. Verse 13
- The spiritual brothers become encouraged to boldness for Jesus! Verse 14
- Some preach the gospel out of envy and rivalry. Verses 15, 17
- But not all! Some preach from goodwill!
- Motive is relatively insignificant as long as the gospel of Christ is preached.
- Continue rejoicing
- Confident in eventual deliverance from circumstances
- Eager Expectation and hope of exalting Christ in life or death!
- Living is Christ living through you
- Dying is gaining the end of this work and the enhancement of Your experience of the Kingdom of God!
- Share the gospel in all of your circumstances!
- Overcome the discouragement of persecution and pride with perseverance and perspective!
- Rejoice in the gospel!
- Examine your motives!