Scripture Reading: Luke 1:23-38
Memory Verse: "For no word from God will ever fail.” Luke 1:37
- God’s promises often come in the midst of great personal difficulty/pain.
- God’s power is highlighted when He fulfills difficult promises.
- God’s personal promises to us always serve a “bigger picture” part of His story in history.
- God works in powerful ways in times and places where people are willing to accept His revealed promises with faith. They trust Him to do what He says He will do.
- The conception/birth/ministry of John the Baptist prepares the way for the conception/birth/ministry of Jesus.
- Those who have great faith seem to also be characterized as people of great humility. Pride is a stumbling block on the journey of faith.
- The virgin birth is clearly taught in the Bible and should be accepted in faith as the beginning of God’s salvation miracle that culminated at the resurrection of Jesus from the tomb.