Scripture Reading: Esther 2:21-3:15
Memory Verse: The bloodthirsty hate a person of integrity and seek to kill the upright. Proverbs 29:10
1. Mordecai saves the King from prideful assassins. 2:21-23
- Assassins were reported dutifully
- Credit was given specifically
- Mordecai interpreted the command of the King as a violation of his Jewish identity on God.
- Mordecai was loyal to both his God and his King but would not compromise his identity.
- Consistent character can be confused with arrogance when it goes against the behavior of the majority.
- People of character do not compromise just to align themselves with culture.
- Unjustified anger with the convictions of others is a sign of pride.
- Anger at the perception of a loss of honor is a sign of pride.
- Pride will lead you to resort to any possible means of persuasion to get your way.
- He gives him his money!
- He gives him his ring of power!
- He gives him his law making and law enforcing authority!
- His leadership leaves his citizens confused!
- The Lord hates pride! Pro 8:13
- Pride leads a godless person to believe they are like God and have no need of Him. Job 20:6 - Ps 10:4
- Pride is a trap in which people become caught. Ps 59:12
- Pride blinds a person regarding their own motives. Obadiah 1:3
- Pride brings people down. Pro 29:23
- Impatient action is a symptom of pride. Ecc 7:8
- Pride brings strife! Pro 13:10
- Pride is outward and symptomatic of violence. Ps 73:6
- Pride brings disgrace and is the opposite of humble wisdom. Pro 11:2
- Prideful speech is the speech of a fool! Pro 14:3
- Pride leads to destruction. Pro 16:18
- God brings punishment on leaders who are prideful toward His people. Isa 10:12
- God takes pride in His remnant, Israel. Isa 4:2
- Pride comes from a worldly heart and mind. 1 John 2:16
- Diagnose your level of pride by considering your level of anger and need to control.
- Repent of pride!
- Seek to walk in an attitude of humility.