Sermon Scripture: Romans 10:1-17
- Paul’s attitude: verse 1
2) Prayer to God
- Israel’s Condition: verse 2
2) No knowledge/Relationship with God
3) Did not know/submit to God’s Righteousness
4) Tried to establish their own righteousness
- Christ is the Salvation of Israel: verses 3-8
2) Righteousness of everyone who will believe
3) Moses testified to this righteousness
4) Message of faith
2. Salvation of the Individual is Described: verses 9-13
- Declare with your mouth - Jesus is Lord
- Believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead
2) Never be put to shame!
3) Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved!
4) No difference between Jew and Gentile
5) Same Lord over ALL
6) Lord Richly blesses ALL who call on Him!
2) With the mouth you profess your faith and are saved!
3. Salvation Message Delivered! Verse 8, 14-17
- The message of faith that we proclaim
- Calling requires believing: pisteuo: to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in
- Believing requires hearing: akouo: to hear something
- Hearing requires preaching: kerusso: a herald, with the suggestion of formality, gravity with an authority to be listened to and obeyed
- Preaching requires sending: apostello: to order one to go to an appointed place. Isaiah 52:7, Isaiah 53:1
- Sending requires believing word of Christ: rhema: that which has been uttered by the living voice, thing spoken, word. Psalm 19:4
- Those who are sent are beautiful to those who hear the good news!
- Personally believe and profess your faith in Jesus Christ today!
- Desire and pray for the salvation of people through faith in Jesus Christ!
- Share Jesus with others who do not know him!