Scripture Reading: Hebrews 11:20-22
1. Faith enables Christian parents to shape the future of their children through blessing! Verse 20
A. Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau
B. Jacob blessed Joseph’s sons
C. Joseph anticipated the Exodus and told his children
D. Blessing & Instructing are the keys to the future shape of our children’s lives.
2. Faith empowers Christians to worship even when facing our own mortality! Verse 21
A. Worship based on God, not self
B. Worship based on God puts a focus on others: Lives to bless other people
C. While withering away:
1) No bad time to worship God,
2) don’t wait on the perfect time, now is the time
3. Faith instructs with the future in mind! Verse 22
A Near term instructions are of limited value!
B. Long term instructions are life changing!
C. Faith focuses on God’s plan for progress!
1) Our end is not God’s end or the end!
2) God has a plan!
3) God has the power!
4) God is moving everything in His direction for His glory!
4. Faith has final affairs in order!
A. Take care of the big issues now!
B. Teach them to your children!
C. Turn your life toward what matters every day in every decision!
Josh Pilgrim, Pastor