Memory Verse: “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” 2 Tim. 2:15
Scripture Reading: Mark 3:20-35
- Jesus is disturbing people with His claims of authority. Pharisees, Herodians, family (mother and brothers), scribes
- Even the crowds who gather to hear him are in some ways problematic.
- Couldn’t eat for the crowd. V. 20
- He is out of his mind. V. 21
- He is possessed by Beelzebul and working under that power. V. 22
- Correcting parables and summary: Kingdom divided, House divided, Satan divided,
- The Strength to plunder parable: Entering the Strong Man’s House
- The power to forgive all sin!
- The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit
- Jesus rejects the draw of his family.
- Who are my mother and my brothers?
- Those who will sit, circle with, and learn from Jesus are His family!
- Whomever does the will of God!
- Expect resistance from unexpected places! What false accusations are you facing in life? What relationships do you fear loosing?
- Experience power from the only reliable source! Have you allowed him to forgive your sins? Are you living in Spiritual Power?
- Extend your arms to those who will join you in the will of God! Who is in your life that you haven’t embraced? What obedience are you withholding that is disrupting your fellowship with others?