Scripture Reading: John 21:1-25
Memory Verse: “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:19-21
1. Remember Jesus!
- The absence of material blessing is sometimes a sign of distance and disobedience
- Returning to pre-Christian habits of life is both a cause and a result of spiritual forgetfulness.
- Physical Ministry is important and available!
- Provision lies on the other side of obedience!
- Jesus offers more of Himself not more of His stuff!
- Physical provision is simply the evidence of His providing love!
- Three-fold question is cause for deep evaluation!
- Three-fold invitation is cause for hopeful repentance and surrender to the purpose of God in our lives!
- Jesus’ work in Peter’s life began with this invitation!
- With this invitation His work continues!
- Tell of the great things he has done!
- Sing it, say it, share it in writing!