Scripture Reading: Hebrews 4:1-11
1. God’s Promise Stands: verses 1-3, 6, 9
A. Promise of Rest: verse 1-2
B. Oath of Anger: Toward rebelliousness: verse 3
1) Many have heard the gospel, but it has no value to them, yet
2) They have fallen short, due to not believing what they heard!
3) Eternal restlessness of the lost is part of God’s judicial verdict for unbelief!
2. God’s Work Endures: verses 3b-11
A. God’s Work: verses 3b-4
B. Man’s Work: verses 5-11
1) Ongoing work of disobedience
2) Joshua: No rest for the weary! Unfinished work of the self-righteous
3) Some refuse to enter this rest, do it themselves?
3. God’s Invitation Demands a Response: verses 6-11
A. Tender: A heart like David, faith, trust in God
B. Timely: Today, certain time
C. Total Trust: Enter God’s rest and rest from your own work
D. Troubling: Make every effort to enter that rest
E .Testimonial: You r response is to be followed by others
Josh Pilgrim, Pastor
141 Liberty Road | PO Box 2327 | Calhoun, Georgia 30703-2327 | (706) 624-1811 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Content copyright 2013. Riverview Baptist Church Calhoun, GA. All rights reserved.