Scripture Reading: Hebrews 2:1-4
We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. Hebrews 2:1
A. Because he is superior, dedication to His word is vital!
B. Give attention to Jesus’ word: “bring it near”
C. Don’t let it slip by: “catch hold before it is too late”
2. Disregard for the message brings danger! Verses 2-3a
A. Jesus’ message is more binding than the authoritative message of angels.
B. Disregard = disobedience!C.Disobedience brings just reward!
1) Disregard for the message of salvation = eternally lost in torment,
2) Disregard for the message of sanctification = eternal loss of intended reward, 1Cr 3:14-15
a) Transgression of the Law
b) Refusal to “hear” God’s word
3. God gives us spiritual anchors: verses 3b-4
A. Personal faith in the salvation message of Jesus! Hebrews 6:18-19
B. Personal relationship and familiarity with other believer’s testimonies!
C. Powerful validating testimony of God: signs, wonders, works of power!
D. Personal manifestation of the Holy Spirit distributed according to God’s will!
- Be saved today while you still can!
- Be careful to hear and apply all of God’s word you can, as many times you can, as many ways as you can!
- Be willing to share your testimony and hear the testimony of other believers!