Sermon Scripture: Philippians 1:1-2
Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all God’s holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1. God speaks through those who are servants of God
- servant - doulos - bondservant; wholly given to the will of another
- to be at someone's beck and call
- servants job is to communicate God's will and God's message
- Who? ALL the saints - everyone who is in Christ Jesus at Philippi
- Application: to ALL the saints in Christ Jesus at Riverview, including leadership
- saints - hagios - separated in Christ Jesus, set apart for God; to be exclusively His
- all the saints need to show up and soak up the Word of God
- God wants to give a gift to Riverview Baptist Church, pastor, deacons and everybody included, but you can't have a gift unless you receive it from the Giver.
- Grace and Peace to you from God - you receive the gift as God unfolds it as it is read - you cannot receive the gift if you are not there when it is proclaimed
- Grace - charis - favor of God, loving kindness
- Peace - eirēnē - tranquility, harmony, unity, rest, contentment