Scripture Reading: 1 Timothy 2:1-8
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles.
8 Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.
A. Prayer Time:
1) Many Prayers: petition, prayer, intercession, thanksgiving
2) Many People: all people, Kings, those in authority
3) Specific Purpose: We may live in peace and quiet
B. Proper Time
2. Temperature: The heat of life needs to be turned down! Verse 2b
A. Peaceful and quiet lives
B. Godliness and holiness
3. Taste: Season to taste! Verse 3
4. Truthful Ingredients: verses 4-8 Corn bread cake?
A. Jesus is the only way to be right with God!
B. God wants all men to be saved!
C. Jesus died for all men!
D. God sends word to all men!
E. All men should get right with God and one another!
F. Pleases God our Savior