Sermon Scripture: Mark 1:14-34
- The time is full!
- The Kingdom is now!
- The news is good!
b) Turn away from the current path of life! Turn to Jesus!
- Believe the Good News!
b) Jesus is the way!
3. Devotion! You demonstrate your belief by actually following Jesus! Verses 18, 20
- Come! In order to come with him, they must leave behind the thing they were already doing!
- Follow Me! The invitation involved a command! They were not only to leave and take a new direction. They entered a new relationship! Their direction was now determined by another, not themselves! Jesus was in control!
- Devote yourselves to serve others! Their lives become focused on people as a purpose for life! Following Jesus was the same as serving others!
- Jesus had the authority to gather disciples! Verses 16-20
- Jesus had authority to teach in the synagogue! Verses 21-22
- Jesus had the authority to cast out impure spirits! Verses 23-27
- Jesus had the authority to heal disease! Verses 28-34
- It’s not just about you!
- You are part of something huge!
- You have partners for the journey!
- Some may hinder your efforts, others will help!
- Now is the time!
- Jesus is the way!
- Serving others is the evidence!
- Are you committed to Jesus today?
- Are you committed to the community of Jesus’ followers today?
- Are you serving others today?