Scripture Reading: Matthew 1:17-25
"All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”). When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife." Matthew 1:22-24
a. Sexual purity: No sins against self or one another: 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
b. Spiritual purity: No sin against God: Psalm 51:4
2. Sensitivity to God Voice! Matthew 1:20-25
a. His words are heard. 2 Peter 1:19
b. His will is understood and obeyed.
c. Received the Angelic command, Remembered the Ancient Prophecy, Rejected the Attitude of Fear and Selfishness
3. Unity in God’s Will! Ephesians 5:21-33
a. Concern for God’s work in the other person’s life
b. Clear understanding of God’s work in their relationship
c. Certainty in moving forward together
4. Community with God’s Church: Luke 1:45, 56
d. Simeon and Anna
- Be right in your relationship!
- Pray together for God to speak to you!
- Write down two specific & common goals God has for your marriage!
- Commit to meet regularly with other people who are living for God!