Philippians 1:1-5 (NIV)
1 Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all God’s holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons: 2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now,
2. Desire to Pray continually! A Moment for Prayer; Matthew 21:13-22
- Early: Mark 1:35, “Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
- Often: Pray without ceasing, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18,
3. Desire to Pray congregationally! A Movement of Prayer
- Place of Prayer: The Church is a place for prayer and the people who pray!
- People of Prayer: James 5:12-16
4. Desire to Pray compassionately!: A Motive for Prayer; Matthew 21:13-14
- See the people and respond with prayer and ministry! Carry each other’s burdens, Galatians 6:2
- Ministry to physical needs followed spiritual ministry
- Don’t say be warm and well fed: James 2:15-17
5. Desire to Pray with conviction! A Method of Prayer; Matthew 21:12, 22
- Cleansing helps belief! Belief leads to deeper cleansing!
- Clean the temple of the junk and materialism!
- Fill the temple with Jesus!
SO WHAT? Do I care enough to pray?
- When will I set aside time to pray for others this week?
- Who will I pray for?
- How will I let them know they are being prayed for?