This Week: Study (Ephesians 5:21-33) using an acrostic called: 2PROAPT.
- Pray – Ask the Holy Spirit to illuminate the passage and give you understanding. Remember, your goal is to meet with Him, so spend time in Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication (ACTS) – the supplication is to understand the Word, to know Him and to enjoy Him!
- Preview – Read the passage quickly; what’s the topic or theme? Did you notice anything in particular?
- Read – Read the passage again more slowly. Is God trying to tell you something? Is there something you haven’t noticed before?
- Observe – Read the passage again. Look at each word; each phrase; vary the emphasis you place on the words. What is He saying to you; what is He asking you to do? Paraphrase the passage in your own words.
- Apply – Is there a command to obey; a sin to confess or an action to take? How can you apply this scripture to your life? Does He want you to do it now?
- Pray – Pray that He would enable you to do what He has told you to do in applying the scripture. Memorize (Phil 2:13); stand upon its truth. Be still before Him, listen, and let the Word saturate your thoughts and your heart.
- Tell – Write in your journal what He has revealed to you, then share with someone what you have learned. Don’t place your light under a basket (Mt 5:15).
Remember to have a plan, a place, a purpose (to meet with Him), and finally – PERSEVERE, even when you don’t feel like it or think you don’t have time; early mornings can be wonderful in His presence!