Scripture Reading: Hebrews 12:14-17, 28
Memory Verse: “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe.” Hebrews 12:28, NIV
- Personal: WE are receiving a Kingdom
- Promise Keeping: ARE RECEIVING
- Powerful: receiving a KINGDOM
- Permanent: Kingdom that CANNOT BE SHAKEN
- Acceptable Worship: Romans 12:1, minister to/serve God commendably
- Be thankful: literally, show grace to God
- Reverence: well done-receiving, propriety, circumspect
- Awe: fear, reverence
3. The King of the Unshakable Kingdom demands priority in worship! Verse 29
- God is a consuming fire! Deuteronomy 4:24
2) God can accept all the worship you can give!
- God is jealous!
2) God is unyielding in His desire for you!
3) The fire of His jealous passion is unquenchable
- Is my worship about me, or about God?
- Am I showing God acceptable worship?
- Do I worship God freely for who He is and what He has done?