Scripture Reading: Hebrews 8-10
Memory Verse: “He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption.” Heb 9:12, NIV
A. In Heaven: 8:1; 9:24
B. True Sanctuary: 8:2; Set up by the Lord, not mere humans
C. Better Priestly Ministry! 8:4, 6
D. Better Sacrifice! 10:19-20
2. Changes our lives to make us spiritual people of worship: 8:10-12; 10:15-18
A. Problem with the Old Covenant was with the people who could not keep it! 8:8
B. Law written on their hearts and minds
C. Know the Lord
D. Sins forgiven and forgotten
3. Challenges us to persevere in spiritual worship: 10:21-25
A. Draw near to God: 10:21-25
B. Deliberate sins of the saved bring judgments: 10:28-31
C. Deny the temptation to ruin your confidence: 10:32-39
- Live in the reality of heaven on earth with priorities that match the priorities of Jesus!
- Live as a part of the people of God exhibiting a changed heart and mind!
- Live close to Jesus and his people and shun the temptation to quit on God!