Scripture Reading: Hebrews 12:5-13
Memory Verse: “Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?” Heb 12:7, NIV
- Spiritual children of God
- Children through adoption
- Co heirs with Christ
2. You are being trained by God for success. Verses 6-8
- Discipline is as sign of God’s love
- Discipline is as sign of your acceptance and legitimacy
- Discipline is designed for your prosperity. Verses 10-11
2) Produces are harvest of righteousness and peace.
3. You must choose to be receptive of God’s training. Verses 5, 11-13
- Remember and don’t forget!
- It is unpleasant and painful but productive!
- Strengthen yourself and clear your path!
4. You are prepared to obey your heavenly Father by your earthly Father. Verse 9-10
- Lesser to the greater reasoning!
- Fathers teach their children respect that will ultimately belong to God himself!
- Fathers do the best they can!
- Children be obedient and respectful!
- Fathers be intentional!
2) Nourish them to maturity
3) In the training and instruction of the Lord
- Receive discipline as a child!
- Receive it in love as it is given in love!
- Receive the lesson!
- Receive the lesser example!