Sermon Scripture: Philippians 2:5-11
- Jesus did not use His nature for His own advantage.
b) Jesus did not hold onto his right to be considered equal with God
- Jesus emptied himself
b) Being made in human likeness
c) Being found in appearance as a man
d) Humbled himself by obedience to death on a cross
- God exalted Jesus to the highest place
b) All will bow to his name
c) All will acknowledge with their voice that Jesus is Lord!
d) Jesus’ exaltation glorifies God
2. The Mindset of Jesus is the model for Spiritual Practices. Verses 3-5a
- Doing nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit
- Humbly consider others above yourself
- Look after the interests of others not yourself
- The longer we live in Christ, the more we will act like Christ!
- Since these things exist!
b) Comfort from his love
c) Common sharing in the Spirit
- The let these things come to be! Make my joy complete
b) Have same love
c) Be one in spirit and mind
- Check your progress!
- Check your attitude toward self and others!
- Check your praise!