Memory Verse: All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17(NIV)
Scripture Reading: 2 Timothy 3:14-17
- God breathed!
- God’s Authority is the only authority! Ultimate Authority in Doctrine and Deed. (Luke 10:26; 24:44-45; John 10:35; 2 Tim.3:16; 4:1-4; 2 Peter 3:16). As John Stott notes, “Scripture is the royal scepter by which King Jesus governs his church.”
- Wisdom for Salvation: 2 Tim 3:15 NIV - and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
- Teaching - imparting vital content/doctrine
- Rebuking - illuminating error
- Correcting - illustrating the improved life
- Training in Righteousness - holistic discipline of the righteous of God
- Conviction of Sin - (Rom.3:20; Gal.3:22-25; Heb.4:12-13).
- Spiritual Fruitfulness - As the Word of God takes deep root in true believers, it produces a harvest of righteousness - a genuine manifestation of love for God and love for others (Mark 4:1-20; James 1:22-25).
- Perseverance - Empowered by the Holy Spirit, believers hold fast to the saving message of the Scriptures through the trials and temptations of life. (John 10:28-29; 1 Cor.15:2; 2 Cor.13:5; Gal.3:1-5; Phil.1:6; Col.1:23; 1 Tim.3:13; 1 John 2:14)
- Joy and Delight - To those who know God, the Bible is a source of unending joy and delight. Psalm 19:9-10
- The servant of God
- Every good work!
- Do you confess that the Bible is authoritative?
- Commit to read the Bible daily this week.
- Confess to God an area of need for equipping and search for help in the Bible.