Sermon Scripture: Ephesians 6:1-4
- Models the relationship of Christ and the church: Incubator of family faith
- Wives Submit
- Husbands Love and serve as Jesus does His church
- and do not be harsh
- Be a Leader, don’t defer to others
- Set the moral and spiritual direction of the home.
- Eph 6:10 NIV - Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
- All your heart,
- For, or to the Lord, you are serving Him!
- Care for the whole child not just food, shelter, clothing.
- Don’t abuse authority to bring unnecessary conflict into the home.
- Training: Paidea, training of a child, including discipline and conviction, in order to regulate character. Duke of Windsor, “Everything in the American Home is controlled by switches, except the children.”
- Instruction: nouthesia, “the process of putting correct principles of faith into a child’s mind using verbal encouragement, warning, or rebuke”.
b. Also sound principles of life and work are included
4. What should children do?
- Take it!
- Obey, for it is right!
- Honor, for it will bless you back!
- Honor, pleases the Lord
- In the Lord! God as far as it honors God!