Sermon Scripture: 1 Timothy 6:6-21
1. Avoid the influence of corrupt minded people: verse 5, 11, 21
- Those who love who are robbed of contentment and think that godliness equals wealth
- Reject godless chatter!
- Flee! Get away fast!
2. Practice Contentment! 6-10
- You didn’t have anything at birth and you will not have anything at death!
- Food and clothing is what you have been promised! Everything else is grace!!!
- Desire for wealth is a gateway to many kinds of evils!
- It plunges into Ruin and Destruction.
3. Pursue godliness! 5-6, 11-20
- Accept Jesus plus whatever He brings into your life through godly pursuits! If God brings you material wealth while you pursue Jesus wholeheartedly that is godly wealth. If wealth us your goal then you have misplaced priorities.
- Fight the right fight
- Take hold of salvation
- Fidelity and Persevere until the end no matter what!
- Command others not to trust in wealth
- Be rich in good deeds
- Be generous!
- Invest in heavenly treasure!
4. Praise God! 15-16