Scripture Reading: Mark 1:10-14
"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11
- There is a place and time of beginning in every journey!
- Baptism sets up a starting marker! A spiritual birth certificate!
- Baptism allows for a two way affirmation, a call and response! We hear Jesus call, we respond, and then God, who called us in Christ Jesus, responds to our response!
- Spiritual Testing:
2) God is supremely powerful in the test! He is on your side!
3) Spiritual testing is primarily about your identity and responsibility as a son or daughter of God! (Priorities, Power, Privilege)
4) Trials and testing are never over. They return at the right time!
5) Scripture is your ally! Jesus quoted Deuteronomy 8:3, 6:13, 6:16
6) Discernment is critical as the devil quotes Scripture as well! Psalm 91:11-12. Proper application of the Bible is the issue!
7) Victorious disciples approach life and ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit!
- Mission of the Kingdom: Mark 1:14-15
- Have you clearly marked the beginning of your journey with Jesus? Be baptized!
- Have you deliberately committed yourself to prepare for success in spiritual tests?
- Have you yielded completely to letting the mission of the Kingdom be your life mission?