Sermon Scripture: James 3:1-12
- Not for everyone!
- Accountable to God!
- Every one of us is prone to stumble.
- A person who can control their tongue can control/bridle their entire body. Bit is used for control and Communication!!!!
- You are a complete/mature person!
- When the mouth is out of control the entire person is out of control!
2) Ship: Direct
3) Fire: Destroy
3. The tongue has influence that defies its size! Verses 5-6
- Small part of the body
- Hurts the entire body completely
- Sets hell loose in our life and body
- It is like a snake
- Full of venom/poison
- Ready to strike out without warning and with little provocation
- Praise our Lord and Father
- Don’t curse your brothers made in God’s likeness
- The Same source but different supply?
2) Fruitful Vine
3) Bountiful Tree
- Seek to speak as a consistent source of worship!
- Identify your triggers and ask God for help!
- Don’t underestimate the importance!
- Seek control through the power of the Holy Spirit!
- Consider the judgment you endure!