Scripture Reading: Matt. 5:5-12
Memory Verse: "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.: Matt.5:8
1. The merciful are blessed: verse 7
- Mercy: help the afflicted, to bring help to the wretched, Withholding from a person the just punishment they deserve.
- Clarence Jordan, Cotton Patch Gospel of Matthew says, “The generous are God’s people, for they will be treated generously.”
- The will receive mercy from others.
- Clean hearted:
- They will see God: Psalm 24:3-5, Who may ascend the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god. They will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God their Savior.
- Peace with God:
- Peace for Others:
- Peace with Others:
- They will be called children of God: Ephesians 2:11-22. Reconciliation is built upon Jesus, and is made in Him, for and with others.
- Persecution due to righteousness:
- Insults, speaking lies, speaking evil, pursued for evil purposes
- Rejoice and be glad
- Kingdom of heaven is theirs
- Be where God places you!
- Be who God makes you!
- Follow Jesus in obedience!
- Be blessed!