Scripture Reading: Hebrews 13:9-16
Memory Verse: Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe Hebrews 12:28
- Only priests can eat from the Tabernacle!
- Only the saved can eat from the altar of the Cross!
- A Blood Sacrifice of animals was brought by the High priest into the holy place/Bodies are cast outside the camp! Verse 11
- Jesus is likened to the sacrificial lamb! Verse 12
2) Sanctify the people through his blood!
3) The difference! Jesus gave unholy people access to God in holiness and transformed the unclean place outside the camp into a place of righteousness for God’s people!
Ephesian 2:16, 2 Corinthians 5:17-21, 1 Peter 3:14-18
3. Public ministry for Jesus means, simply loving Him enough to: verse 13-16
- Identify with Him: Leave behind one city for another, Draw close to Jesus
- Suffer with Him: Bear reproach (Carry His Cross)
- Evangelize with Him:
2) Pleasing Sacrifice: Doing good deeds, sharing
- Are you bowing at the altar of Jesus’ cross every day in prayer and adoration to receive strength to minister publicly? Be strengthened!!
- Are you living a life of holiness with Jesus as your Lord and the Bible as your guide? Be different!!
- Will you identify with Jesus, suffer with Him, and evangelize with Him? Be known!!!
- Will you leave the Camp and Go Public? Be bold!!!