Scripture Reading: Hebrews 12:18-28
Memory Verse: “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe.” Hebrews 12:28, NIV
By faith in Christ you have come to the Unshakable Kingdom of God!
1. Deliverance from the fear and isolation of sin! Verses 18-21
- Exodus 19:12-13 fiery, dangerous, holy mountain of God that could not be approached
- Deuteronomy 9:19 Moses prayer and fasting over the rebellion of Aaron and Israel after building the golden calf and breaking the Ten Commandments.
- Mount Zion
- City of the Living God
- Heavenly Jerusalem
- Congregation of Angels in joyous assembly
- To the church of the firstborn (Jesus), names written in heaven
- Now holy themselves, able to touch and know God in righteousness by faith
- Able to come to God through the blood of Jesus
- Kingdom is now and not yet!
- Promise is being kept! Haggai 2:6
- Awaiting more shaking!
- See to it that you do not refuse Him!
- See to it that you respond appropriately to His voice!
- God spoke creation into existence Genesis 1:1-3, Hebrews 11:3
- The voice which spoke to us to reveal the Son, Hebrews chapter 1.
- This voice breaks the cedars of Lebanon! Psalm 29
- The voice of heavenly beings shakes the temple and then the voice of God shakes Isaiah himself, Isaiah 6.
- God nurtures, refreshes, and re-commissions Elijah with a gentle whisper. 1 Kings 19:12
- God spoke affirmation about His Son at Jesus’ baptism and at the Transfiguration! Matthew 3:17; Matthew 17:5
- Walk by faith in Jesus!
- Live boldly for God!
- Listen for His voice!
- Witness to others of this powerful work!