Sermon Scripture: Joshua 24:28-33
- Joseph a Life of Providential Power
c. Coat of Many Colors
d. Jealousy and Betrayal by brothers
e. Saved for slavery
- Bedouin Slave in Egypt
b. Resolute in temptation
c. Betrayal and imprisonment
- Bedouin Prince in Egypt
- Prime Minister
b. Administration of wealth
c. Reconciliation with brothers
- Reliant upon God
- Reconciled to Family
- Reassures about the Future
b. Then take me with you!
3. Joseph was A Man of Faith: Hebrews 11:22
- He believed God’s covenant and lived by it
- He believed God’s covenant enough to die in it
- He believed God’s covenant was enough to include him even in his death
- Moses remembered the oath the Israelites had sworn to Joseph!
- Moses took the bones of Joseph with them even though it required extra work!
- The covenant faith of Joseph was a constant source of respect and encouragement to others!
- We should live in a way that respects the spiritual legacy we inherit and also passes a great legacy on to those who come after us!
- We should actively seek to inherit or “take possession of” our spiritual inheritance!
- We should bury the bones of the past when it is time. There is a time to bury even important things! Appropriateness is the key thought!