Scripture Reading: Luke 24:13-34
Memory Verse: “Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart.” Psalm 119:34
1. Biblical Interpretation is an ongoing dialogue in community with others on the journey! Verses 13-15
- Some are believers
- Some are not believers
- Everyone is at a different point
- Separation from the community or the Word
- Silence: No willingness to discuss or interact with what is revealed.
- The key part of proper interpretation is that we read with the Salvation Story in mind.
- The Bible is leading us to the life, death, and resurrection, showing us those events, or sending us forth from those events!
- The Bible testifies to itself: Read Scripture to understand Scripture.
- Scripture study furthers the desire to fellowship with Jesus. Verse 29
- Scripture study in conjunction with other acts of worship prepares the follower to hear from Jesus! Verse 30
- Scripture study warms our hearts with the warming words of Jesus today! Verse 32
- Scripture study motivates our evangelistic mission to those who do not yet believe! Verses 33-34
- Study the Bible together
- Study repentantly
- Study with Jesus in mind
- Study Scripture in light of Scripture
- Study as an act of worship