Scripture Reading: Malachi 3:2-10
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test Me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of Heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be enough room to store it.” Malachi 3:10
1. The tithe is the starting place, any less is robbery!
A. Enough to Test God according to His promise! Verse 10
B. Enough to pass through the fire! Verses 2-4
C. Enough to end the sin of theft and avoid the curse associated with robbery!
D. Enough to accept the blessing of God! Verses 10-12
1) Provision from the storehouse of heaven for those who will give to the storehouse on earth!
2) Protection from disease and the devouring pests!
3) Perception: People will call you blessed
4) Permanent action! Be distinct in our lifestyle from the evildoers. Written in the scroll of remembrance! Verses 16,
5) Possession of God! You are His, your act of giving simply reveals that you belong to God and are His treasure!
2. Generous Grace-filled Giving is the Goal!
A. Enough to fulfill gracious commitment! Verse 5
B. Enough to provide for generous provision and abundant ministry! Verse 6, 8-10
C. Enough to be cheerful! Verse 7
D. Enough to be a source of blessing! Verses 11-14
- Commit to test God and tithe!
- Commit to express grace in your giving!