Memory Verse: "We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." 2 Peter 1:19
Scripture Reading: Ezekiel 17:22-24
- Earthly suffering is an opportunity for strengthening our faith and dependency on Jesus!
- Earthly suffering is sometimes a judgment upon specific sin, always a result of the world of sin, and our response can bring upon greater judgment. Verses 19-20
- God is self-sufficient, no alliances, no help, no delay
- God is as sure as His own existence/life!
- God is sure to act according to His Oath/promise!
- God Will! Repay, spread His net, execute judgment, take a shoot and plant it, bring down the tall and grow the small,
- The Nations of the World will be brought low!
- The Kingdom of God will be raised high!
- It grew from within Israel geographically, spiritually.
- It would be more than political Israel.
- Jesus grows from Judah as a son in the lineage of David!
- Birds of every kinds will rest in it!
- Mat 13:31-32 NIV - He told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches."
- Invite people into the shade and shelter of the tree in Jesus!
- Come to Jesus yourself!
- Watch for God to glorify Himself!
- Worship Him and none other!