Scripture Reading: Nehemiah 8:1-18
Memory Verse: “For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.” 2 Peter 1:21
- Unity of physical proximity
- Unity of spiritual purpose
- Unity of intellectual prerequisite
- Book of the Law was read publicly
- All the Law was read
- All the people listened
- All the ministers helped teach! 13 priests and 13 Levites.
- All the Law was made clear for the people to understand
- The Leaders honor the Law! Standing!
- The people honor the Law! Standing!
- The Leader worships and praises God!
- The people agree with the leader and worship God!
- The people are led to respond to God’s Law personally!
- Grief gives way to communal joy! Conviction leads to repentance which ushers in joy!
- Joy is expressed in a new habit of life! Festival of booths
- Joy is expressed in spreading this new truth to others!
- Joy is expressed in embracing a new spiritual responsibility! Father’s as priestly teachers!
- Joy is repeated as the pattern is repeated! Discovery, repentance, obedience, sharing, joy
- People are unified publicly under the Law of God: verses 1-2
- People are educated thoroughly under the Law of God! Verse 3-8
- People are led capably into worship under the Law of God! Verse 4-9
- People express joyfully the new truth of the Law in their lives! Verse 10-18
- Seek joy through the process of responding to God’s revelation in the Bible!
- Share the truths you are learning with others!
- Study the Bible to understand its meaning in your life!
- Help others around you study the Bible!
- Worship the Lord as you study His Word!