Sermon Scripture: Joshua 24:22-28
- Joshua 4:1-7 Twelve Stones at the Crossing of the Jordan
- Genesis 28:18-22 Jacob’s Pillar at Bethel!
- Exodus 12:42 Passover
- Exodus 16:32-34 Manna kept as a memorial
- Exodus 28:12 the shoulder stones of the priestly ephod
- Esther 9:28 Purim as a festival of memorial
- Luke 22:19 The Lord’s Supper
- All the tribes
- All the leaders
- Presented themselves
- Before God
3. Intentional remembrance of what God did “Long Ago”. verse 2
- You worshiped other gods
- But God worked. Jos 24:3-14
- They opposed God without success
- You received God’s gracious gift
- Faithfulness in Love and Service!
- Repentance! Verse 19
b. God is holy, jealous.
c. You are in rebellion and sin.
5. Introspective reflection and accountability to one another in light of our past commitments!
- You are witnesses
- "throw away the foreign gods that are among you and
- yield your hearts to the LORD, the God of Israel."
- This Stone is a witness! This stone will be a witness against us. It has heard all the words the LORD has said to us.
- Possess your inheritance!!!
- How is your commitment to God today?
- Have you memorialized your salvation through Baptism!!!
- Have you forgotten what God has done for you