“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35
1. Love other disciples! John 13:34-35
- Disciples are commanded to love one another!
- Disciples love one another as Jesus loves them!
- This proves we are Jesus disciple!
2. Lift with other disciples!
- Disciples accomplished more together than alone! Mark 2:3 Each disciple is mutually interdependent upon other disciples. Eph 4:15-16
- Disciples are in a Partnership! Philippians 1:5, Philemon 1:6
- Jesus taught the disciples!
b. Openly, in public! John 18:20
c. Corporately, in groups! Mark 10:1
d. Specifically, in small groups! Mark 3:9
e. Beneficially: Acts 20:20
- Disciples teach others!
b. Accurate! Acts 18:25
c. Cause of Joy! 3 John 1:4
d. Put on a new way of living! Ephesians 4:20-24
4. Be Last among other disciples! Mark 10:31-45
- Positions of leadership are sovereignly appointed, not politically appropriated!
- Greatness is the possession of anyone who serves others!
- We serve for the sake of The Name!
- Show hospitality so that we may work together for the truth! 3 John 1:5-8